something like a 'screen grabber'

Hi

I'm looking for a solution of the following problem.

From within a Delphi4-Application I creating a new process.
The newly created process can be any Win NT Application which diplays eg
a graphical window. I would like to copy the displayed information into
my calling Application eg as a Windows Bitmap. How can I directly
access    memory of another running process.
How can I copy that information inot a canvas object of my calling
process ?
The function I'm looking for has the nature of a screengrabber or a
screen shot utility ...but I would like to perform this action without
calling another Application ( eg ImageMagick on UNIX ... ) or using OLE
together with a Widows App..

Or is there anybody who knows a software tool like ImageMagick which is
able to generate a screenshot ? ImageMagick on NT does not support the
import functionality ...X Windows server is required .
The utility which could solve my problem should be able to be called
from the command line (preferably  with plenty of possibillities to use
options and switches .)..or it should offer OLE .

Any comment will be appreciated ! Many thanks !

Guido

Re:something like a 'screen grabber'

Guido Steiner wrote:

> Hi

> I'm looking for a solution of the following problem.

> From within a Delphi4-Application I creating a new process.
> The newly created process can be any Win NT Application which diplays eg
> a graphical window. I would like to copy the displayed information into
> my calling Application eg as a Windows Bitmap. How can I directly
> access    memory of another running process.
> How can I copy that information inot a canvas object of my calling
> process ?
> The function I'm looking for has the nature of a screengrabber or a
> screen shot utility ...but I would like to perform this action without
> calling another Application ( eg ImageMagick on UNIX ... ) or using OLE
> together with a Widows App..

> Or is there anybody who knows a software tool like ImageMagick which is
> able to generate a screenshot ? ImageMagick on NT does not support the
> import functionality ...X Windows server is required .
> The utility which could solve my problem should be able to be called
> from the command line (preferably  with plenty of possibillities to use
> options and switches .)..or it should offer OLE .

> Any comment will be appreciated ! Many thanks !

> Guido

You can use the print key to copy the screen image to the clipboard or
the ALT-Print key to copy the image of the active window to the
clipboard. Then the first process can read the bitmap data in the
clipboard.

A other way is to get the active window of the second process
(dwProcessID and hProcess are results of CreateProcess) and to copy the
image from this window with BitBlt into a device context of the first
process.

Regards Bernd

Re:something like a 'screen grabber'

Hi

It's me again , the one who has written the first question.

I solved the problem ! And herewith just a few other questions.
In any case somebody looks for a solution of a similar problem - do not
hesitate and send mail....

Best wishes to all DELPHI programmers !

Guido

Guido Steiner wrote:
> Hi

> I'm looking for a solution of the following problem.

> From within a Delphi4-Application I creating a new process.
> The newly created process can be any Win NT Application which diplays eg
> a graphical window. I would like to copy the displayed information into
> my calling Application eg as a Windows Bitmap. How can I directly
> access    memory of another running process.
> How can I copy that information inot a canvas object of my calling
> process ?
> The function I'm looking for has the nature of a screengrabber or a
> screen shot utility ...but I would like to perform this action without
> calling another Application ( eg ImageMagick on UNIX ... ) or using OLE
> together with a Widows App..

> Or is there anybody who knows a software tool like ImageMagick which is
> able to generate a screenshot ? ImageMagick on NT does not support the
> import functionality ...X Windows server is required .
> The utility which could solve my problem should be able to be called
> from the command line (preferably  with plenty of possibillities to use
> options and switches .)..or it should offer OLE .

> Any comment will be appreciated ! Many thanks !

> Guido

Other Threads