D3 and IE4 incompatibility.

I have a encountered a problem running some D3 executables on computers
with IE4.  Quite simply, they do not display.  The name of the program
is listed in the "Close Program" dialog box (press Ctrl+Alt+Del to
display), however, the window itself is not visible.  Uninstalling IE4
solves the problem.

Has anyone experienced this problem.  Has anyone found a workaround
other than uninstalling IE4?

I beielve it might have something to do with comctlr32.dll.  D3 uses
version 4.70, whereas IE4 updates it to 4.72.2106.4.  Perhaps Microsoft
made a change that is causing the problem.

Does Borland plan to come out with a patch/update?

Re:D3 and IE4 incompatibility.

>I beielve it might have something to do with comctlr32.dll.  D3 uses
>version 4.70, whereas IE4 updates it to 4.72.2106.4.  Perhaps Microsoft
>made a change that is causing the problem.

I've had similar problems with IE4. You could try compiling your program on
a computer with IE4. It shouldn't make a difference but apparrently it does.

Re:D3 and IE4 incompatibility.

Have you updated your Delphi copy to 3.02? If not do it now. I'm working
with v3.02 and IE4 all the time, without any problem.

Ciao, Mike

Edward J. Stembler <estem...@mindspring.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<34E8598E.EE760...@mindspring.com>...

> I have a encountered a problem running some D3 executables on computers
> with IE4.  Quite simply, they do not display.  The name of the program

Re:D3 and IE4 incompatibility.

Anyone following this thread; I was made aware of a patch which fixes the
problem.  It can be found at:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/downloads/dcs302readme.html.  I
was using D3.01, this patch updates it to 3.02.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Edward J. Stembler wrote:
> I have a encountered a problem running some D3 executables on computers
> with IE4.  Quite simply, they do not display.  The name of the program
> is listed in the "Close Program" dialog box (press Ctrl+Alt+Del to
> display), however, the window itself is not visible.  Uninstalling IE4
> solves the problem.

> Has anyone experienced this problem.  Has anyone found a workaround
> other than uninstalling IE4?

> I beielve it might have something to do with comctlr32.dll.  D3 uses
> version 4.70, whereas IE4 updates it to 4.72.2106.4.  Perhaps Microsoft
> made a change that is causing the problem.

> Does Borland plan to come out with a patch/update?

Other Threads