TIdFtp OnParseCustomListFormat problem

I am trying to get TIdFtp to communicate with a non-standard FTP server. In
order to get the directory listing, I am trying to use the
OnParseCustomListFormat event.

Code snippet:

FIdFtp.List(nil,'',True);
FIdFtp.OnCheckListFormat:=OnCheckListFormat;
FIdFtp.OnParseCustomListFormat:=OnParseCustomListFormat;
For i:=0 to Pred(FIdFtp.DirectoryListing.Count) do
...etc...

The events are defined as:
procedure CComediFtp.OnCheckListFormat(ASender: TObject; const ALine:
String; Var VListFormat: TIdFTPListFormat);
begin
  VListFormat:=flfCustom;
end;

procedure CComediFtp.OnParseCustomListFormat(AItem: TIdFTPListItem);
begin
  AItem.FileName:=AItem.Text;
end;

The OnCheckListFormat gets called OK, but the OnParseCustomListFormat never
gets called. I have traced this down to the following code in Indy:

procedure TIdFTPListItems.ParseCustom(AItem: TIdFTPListItem);
begin
  if Assigned(FOnParseCustomListFormat) then begin
    FOnParseCustomListFormat(AItem);
  end else begin
    raise EIdInvalidFTPListingFormat.Create(RSInvalidFTPListingFormat);

The problem is that FOnParseCustomListFormat is nil when it reaches this
procedure, even though I have set it in my code.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards;
Jonny Bergdahl
EdiCom AB