Using TTable to create temporary table in Sybase

Hi,

Is it possible to use TTable to create temporary table
in Sybase ?
Because while I specify '#TMP_TABLE' to the TableName property
of TTable and then call CreateTable, I get an Invalid table name error
from BDE ! It causes by the '#' ! But this is the syntax for Sybase
to create temporary table !

TIA

Raymond

Re:Using TTable to create temporary table in Sybase

Raymond,

I tried this and had the same error.  You cannot use TTable to create the
temp table directly.  Use an ExecSQL call to create the temporary sybase
table and then attach the TTable to the temp table once it (the temp table)
exists.

Regards,

John Wells.

Raymond K.W. Lau <raymd...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<73eq7i$8u...@forums.borland.com>...

> Hi,

> Is it possible to use TTable to create temporary table
> in Sybase ?
> Because while I specify '#TMP_TABLE' to the TableName property
> of TTable and then call CreateTable, I get an Invalid table name error
> from BDE ! It causes by the '#' ! But this is the syntax for Sybase
> to create temporary table !

> TIA

> Raymond

Other Threads