Setting up Delphi to work with an Access database

I have an Access database that I am using in a VB program.
I want to port the program either to Delphi or C++builder.

I can not set up the Database Desktop to access the Access database.
I tried to follow the help file but still cannot access the Access database.

How do I set up the Delphi to access this database?
(I think that I will need step by step instructions.  I think that I am
missing one or two steps in this process.)

The Access database was created by a 16-bit version of Access.

Thank for the information.

Frank G. Haymes

Re:Setting up Delphi to work with an Access database

I am using Version 3 Professional.

I think that I tried both.  I am looking for the easiest way.

Frank G. Haymes

>Too many missing pieces to answer your question.

>What version of Delphi? What edition (Standard, Professional, or
>Enterprise)? Was your access to be via native BDE driver or the ODBC
>driver from Microsoft?

>///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>Steve Koterski              "No matter how cynical you get,
>Felton, CA                  it is impossible to keep up."
>                                             -- Lily Tomlin

>On Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:08:59 -0800, "F. Haymes" <fhay...@seanet.com>
>wrote:

>>I have an Access database that I am using in a VB program.
>>I want to port the program either to Delphi or C++builder.

>>I can not set up the Database Desktop to access the Access database.
>>I tried to follow the help file but still cannot access the Access
database.

>>How do I set up the Delphi to access this database?
>>(I think that I will need step by step instructions.  I think that I am
>>missing one or two steps in this process.)

>>The Access database was created by a 16-bit version of Access.

Re:Setting up Delphi to work with an Access database

Have You setup an BDE Alias?

"F. Haymes" <fhay...@seanet.com> wrote in message

> I have an Access database that I am using in a VB program.
> I want to port the program either to Delphi or C++builder.

> I can not set up the Database Desktop to access the Access database.
> I tried to follow the help file but still cannot access the Access
database.

> How do I set up the Delphi to access this database?
> (I think that I will need step by step instructions.  I think that I am
> missing one or two steps in this process.)

> The Access database was created by a 16-bit version of Access.

> Thank for the information.

> Frank G. Haymes

Re:Setting up Delphi to work with an Access database

Yes, I tried to set up a DBE Alias.
The database I am trying to access is in a file not on a server.

Frank G. Haymes

Mikko Nieminen wrote in message <7rwE4.2652$Ej5.96...@news.kpnqwest.fi>...
>Have You setup an BDE Alias?

>"F. Haymes" <fhay...@seanet.com> wrote in message
>> I have an Access database that I am using in a VB program.
>> I want to port the program either to Delphi or C++builder.

>> I can not set up the Database Desktop to access the Access database.
>> I tried to follow the help file but still cannot access the Access
>database.

>> How do I set up the Delphi to access this database?
>> (I think that I will need step by step instructions.  I think that I am
>> missing one or two steps in this process.)

>> The Access database was created by a 16-bit version of Access.

>> Thank for the information.

>> Frank G. Haymes

Other Threads