Three state scrollbar with TDBGrid and filter switched on...

The three state problem with TDBGrids and scrollbars still exists.
Upon trying you will find that the scollbar, that functions OK normally,
goes into three state behaviour as soon as a filter is activated.
For anyone interrested I can supply them with an example program, but it
really is to simple to believe.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this.....?

Best regards,

Martijn

Re:Three state scrollbar with TDBGrid and filter switched on...

In article <8891fe$h...@bornews.borland.com>, Martijn Lasthuizen wrote:
> The three state problem with TDBGrids and scrollbars still exists.
> Upon trying you will find that the scollbar, that functions OK normally,
> goes into three state behaviour as soon as a filter is activated.
> For anyone interrested I can supply them with an example program, but it
> really is to simple to believe.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this.....?

How is the poor grid to know how many records the filtered dataset will
have? It does the filtering on a per-record basis as you scroll though the
dataset, which is why filtering on a table is faster than retrieving the
whole filtered set in a query. So the number of records in the filtered
view is not known until the dataset has been scrolled to the end.

Sent using Virtual Access 5.00 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Other Threads