Alt-Tab shows forms, not program

I have a program with many units. An older version of it works fine in
that when it is active and I press and hold ALT-TAB, one icon appears
for the program.

Now something has gone wrong so that when I press and hold ALT-TAB, I
instead see several icons with the names of my visible forms! The icon
for the program is gone, replaced by an icon of the main form.

This strange behavior can be duplicated on other PCs, but does not
affect my other Delphi programs.

Please help! I've made more changes than I can remember from the last
properly working version and cannot go back.

I am using Delphi version 4.03. It does not seem to be a version
specific problem since when I recompile my older code the problem does
not occur. Neither does it occur with my other Delphi programs that are
compiled with 4.03.

Also, my program does not use DLLs.

Thank you in advance.

Lisa

Re:Alt-Tab shows forms, not program

> I have a program with many units. An older version of it works fine in
> that when it is active and I press and hold ALT-TAB, one icon appears
> for the program.
> Now something has gone wrong so that when I press and hold ALT-TAB, I
> instead see several icons with the names of my visible forms! The icon
> for the program is gone, replaced by an icon of the main form.
> Please help! I've made more changes than I can remember from the last
> properly working version and cannot go back.

Tsk, tsk. Don't you maintain a change log <g>?

Check if anywhere you

 - hide the Application window (ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE))
 - override the CreateParams method for any secondary forms (look in your
   base form class(es) if you use visual form inheritance) and reparent
   them to the desktop.

Do you get several taskbar buttons for the forms as well.