TListView won't display icons

I have written a program with Delphi 3 that uses a TListView to
display information. Each line of the ListView displays an icon.

the icons are stocked in a ImageList object associated with the
ListView.

My problem is on some configurations the icons are displayed but on
others they don't display.

Here are the configurations I tested my program sucessufully on :

Windows NT4
Windows 95 (bare, nothing installed)
Windows 95 OSR1

The program doen't work properly on the following computers :

Windows 95
Windows 95 OSR2

The icons are not displayed but their space is allocated, as if the
icons were all transparent.

As you can see. There is no obvious reason for my problem. Did I miss
something important ? I read in the readme.txt file their is a bug in
some Operating Systems with the ImageList component.

I don't think this is the same problem than with ListView checkboxes
that need a recent comctl32.dll file : on the Windows 95 computers on
wich my programs works correctly the dll file version is 4.0 and on
the one (OSR2) on wich my program don't works the version is 4.70.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

Re:TListView won't display icons

Olivier,

I'm no expert. I came across something similar for TreeView. The post
said to check if COMCTRL32.DLL is present.

Dennis

On Sun, 02 Nov 1997 21:08:01 GMT, gang...@mail.dotcom.fr (Olivier

Gangloff) wrote:
>I have written a program with Delphi 3 that uses a TListView to
>display information. Each line of the ListView displays an icon.

>the icons are stocked in a ImageList object associated with the
>ListView.

>My problem is on some configurations the icons are displayed but on
>others they don't display.

>Here are the configurations I tested my program sucessufully on :

>Windows NT4
>Windows 95 (bare, nothing installed)
>Windows 95 OSR1

>The program doen't work properly on the following computers :

>Windows 95
>Windows 95 OSR2

>The icons are not displayed but their space is allocated, as if the
>icons were all transparent.

>As you can see. There is no obvious reason for my problem. Did I miss
>something important ? I read in the readme.txt file their is a bug in
>some Operating Systems with the ImageList component.

>I don't think this is the same problem than with ListView checkboxes
>that need a recent comctl32.dll file : on the Windows 95 computers on
>wich my programs works correctly the dll file version is 4.0 and on
>the one (OSR2) on wich my program don't works the version is 4.70.

>Thanks for your help.

>Olivier

Other Threads