Delphi 4.0 and AS400

Does anybody know where I can find help on connecting to an AS400 system and
get just the information that I am looking for and then display the data to
a user.  Is there any sample code out there for working with AS400 from
within Delphi?  I have made a post in the AS400 board but haven't received
any replies.

Thanks for any help.

--
Dwaine Horton
York Strategic Accounts

Re:Delphi 4.0 and AS400

Hi there!

I have made quite a few Delphi applications reading and posting data from /
to AS/400.

In my case I have simply used the ODBC driver wich comes along with the IBM
Client Access. Be aware of that there were some problems in the early
releases of this ODBC driver. After version 3.2.0 of IBM Client Access I
found this to work pretty well.

You don't have all the facilities of the AS/400 through the ODBC connection
but you can do the most common tasks. And you can use table components,
queries and so on.

As soon as you have made an ODBC connection to the AS/400 this connection
will come up in the Borland database explorer (or the SQL explorer)
automaticly. So you can select it from the list.

Hope this can help you out!

Best regards
?yvind Myrseth
oyv...@etv.no

Dwaine Horton <dwaine.hor...@york.com> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:3ac8d8e4_1@dnews...

> Does anybody know where I can find help on connecting to an AS400 system
and
> get just the information that I am looking for and then display the data
> a user.  Is there any sample code out there for working with AS400 from
> within Delphi?  I have made a post in the AS400 board but haven't received
> any replies.

> Thanks for any help.

> --
> Dwaine Horton