Searching for text in memo fields

Hi,
 I'm working on a database and I would like to know if it is possible to
search for text inside all the memo field and go to the record where the
text was found.

   Tank's

Re:Searching for text in memo fields

>{*word*73} wrote:

>I'm working on a database and I would like to know if it is possible to
>search for text inside all the memo field and go to the record where >the text was found.

Use a query like this:

  SELECT * FROM "Mytable.db"
  WHERE memofld LIKE '%sometext%'

Note that the search is case-sensitive.
________
Andreas
Delphi 5.01 Pro, NT4.0 Sp5
Direct replies mailto:p...@augsburg.netsurf.de

Re:Searching for text in memo fields

It depends on the database you are using. You can try

SELECT * FROM SOMETABLE WHERE MYMEMO LIKE '%the string to find%'

--
Bill

Re:Searching for text in memo fields

I'm using paradox in the future I may have to converted to access or other
web enable format. Is there a way to make it non case sensitive?

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <b...@nospamdbginc.com> wrote in message

> It depends on the database you are using. You can try

> SELECT * FROM SOMETABLE WHERE MYMEMO LIKE '%the string to find%'

> --
> Bill

Re:Searching for text in memo fields

Not that I can think of. With character columns you could use the UPPER
function but it cannot be used with BLOBs.

--
Bill

Re:Searching for text in memo fields

>{*word*73} wrote:

>I'm using paradox in the future I may have to converted to access or >other web enable format. Is there a way to make it non case sensitive?

Using a QBE query is the only way (I know of). Note that in QBE queries
the wildcard symbol is '..' instead of '%'. Otherwise you can only try
to cover most cases with a SQL statement like

  WHERE myBlob LIKE '%{*word*73}%' OR
        myBlob LIKE '%{*word*73}%' OR
        myBlob LIKE '%{*word*73}%'
________