Using Paradox tables off of CD-ROM?

What are the restrictions or limitations of using Paradox tables off of a
CD-ROM?

I've been telling people that it would not work.  But it does!  At least it
works a little bit. I'm using BDE 5.01 and DBD 7.0 and can browse files that
we have written on a CD-ROM.

Re:Using Paradox tables off of CD-ROM?

There is a TI on this, I believe it is 3104, at
www.borland.com/devsupport/delpi/ti_list.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Using Paradox tables off of CD-ROM?

Thank you for the clue, Bill. I looked there and found the information
for doing this under
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/ti/TI1333D.html

Re:Using Paradox tables off of CD-ROM?

>What are the restrictions or limitations of using Paradox tables off of a
>CD-ROM?

there is a special kind of lock file that needs to be in any of the CD-rom
directories with table in them

Use this code to create a persistent lock

var
  lock_path : array[0..DBIMAXTBLNAMELEN] of char;
begin
StrPCopy(lock_path,'C:\MYPATH\PARADOX.DRO');
Check(DbiAcqPersistTableLock(Database1.Handle,lock_path,szPARADOX));

Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Using Paradox tables off of CD-ROM?

John,

I compiled a little help file some time ago which exactly covers that topic.
Have a look at the English or German news section at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/lmc and look for CD.zip . The help
file is in English.

Cheers
Uwe

John Herbster <jo...@petronworld.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
7pf88p$3...@forums.borland.com...

> What are the restrictions or limitations of using Paradox tables off of a
> CD-ROM?

> I've been telling people that it would not work.  But it does!  At least
it
> works a little bit. I'm using BDE 5.01 and DBD 7.0 and can browse files
that
> we have written on a CD-ROM.

Other Threads