Keyboard events in TImage, evnts in general

Dear Fellows,

I still could not digest the event handling in Delphi (it is prety different
from TurboVision).
How can I solve the following problem?
I have to develop a descendant of TImage which can scale, rotate, shift
arbitrary vector graphical objets. For this I want to use keyboard control
instead of mouse control.
 The problem is that TImage does not have OnKey.. events

How can I catch them? Where these events came from. OnKey.. Events are only
from TWinControl on and TImage is not descendant of it.

In general can you tell me about event handling or do you have some reference.

please send reply to gul...@koki.hu as well

thanks in advance

attila gulyas