Help!!!! db files "Not Initialized for accessing network files"

I would appreciate any insight anyone can offer!  I have developed a Delphi 1.0
application on the following platform: OS Win98, LAN protocol Lantastic 8.0.

I am presently setting up new computers on our LAN to run our Delphi
application.  I had no problem setting up 3 new computers, but now I have one
computer with the following problem.  I can run the application from the hard
drive with no probelm.  If I set up my hard drive as a virtual drive or try to
access any database tables (Paradox 5.0) from the LAN I get the following error
"Not Initialized for accessing network fiels."  I get this error using Delphi,
Database Desktop, or Reportsmith.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!  I have
tried reloading Delphi and looking in the BDE for initialization of network
files, but still no success.

thanks
Barry
bk...@easy-pages.com

Re:Help!!!! db files "Not Initialized for accessing network files"

STrolli980 (strolli...@aol.com) wrote:

: "Not Initialized for accessing network fiels."  I get this error using Delphi,
: Database Desktop, or Reportsmith.

: If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!  I have
: tried reloading Delphi and looking in the BDE for initialization of network
: files, but still no success.

If you look through your Tech Info docs and other documentation, you
will find the answer.  Create on the network a directory for the network
lock file, and for each user in the BDE Config Util, change their network
lock file directory to that path.  You'll have a much easier time of
it if all the users are mapped to the same drive letter for that drive.

Also, Local Share should generally be changed to "true" (contrary to
the recommendation in Borland documentation).
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu

Other Threads