Division by Zero, Run-time Error 200, CRT delay() function bug

There are several "fixes" out there on the Net including one TSR which
supposedly handles existing executables without recompiling.  I used
multiple search engines and found what I thought was about 8 different
patches, but most of them were duplicates in different archives.

Since I had over a dozen vertical market apps out there (real time,
point of sale stuff)  in the hands of hundreds of users in North and
South America, the shit was hitting the fan very rapidly.

I tried all of the available patches and each either caused CPU
lockup, run-time errors or corrupted the integrity of the one
millisecont delay() functon in the CRT unit.

I wound up having to patch the assembly code in the RTL myself in
order to keep my software working and maintain timing accuracy.  The
patched code adds another 8 bits to the counter so PC's will have to
be 256 times faster before the problem reoccurs.  Software compiled
with this patch is running all day every day on fast PII's in over 50
locations and has been tested successfully on the PIII.

reply by email to: gof...@soon.com
Mallory W. Mayes
Advantage MicroSystems
Austin, Texas

Re:Division by Zero, Run-time Error 200, CRT delay() function bug

> I wound up having to patch the assembly code in the RTL myself in
> order to keep my software working and maintain timing accuracy.  The
> patched code adds another 8 bits to the counter so PC's will have to
> be 256 times faster before the problem reoccurs.  Software compiled
> with this patch is running all day every day on fast PII's in over 50
> locations and has been tested successfully on the PIII.

Hi!
I did similar thing.
You can download updated versions of turbo.tpl and tpp.tpl.
There is no that bug anymore. Delay() workes OK!

Re:Division by Zero, Run-time Error 200, CRT delay() function bug

> Hi!
> I did similar thing.
> You can download updated versions of turbo.tpl and tpp.tpl.
> There is no that bug anymore. Delay() workes OK!

I'm sorry about name, mail and homepage URL.
My name is Alexei, e-mail: alex...@chat.ru, URL: www.chat.ru/~alexfru

Other Threads