Problem(s) with Style and Autosize on D3 Toolbar control? (was: Toolbar)

Hello. Please excuse a couple of newbie questions regarding the Delphi 3
Toolbar control. Doubtless I am doing something wrong, but I have one or
two minor niggles with it which I was hoping some sage and wise Delphi
user could provide some assistance with :)

1. Style on Toolbuttons

I have a TToolButton with the style set to tbsDropDown. I've associated
a dropdown menu with it, and that seems to work nicely. The problem is,
the downward pointing arrow (Delphi Help: "The button displays a
downward-pointing arrow (suitable for accessing a drop-down menu)" is
strangely absent at run time. It's present with no-worries at design
time, but the moment I run the app... it's gone.

2. Toolbar autosize

Setting the toolbar to autosize appears not to take into account the
'gap' around buttons. My buttons are the default/standard 24 in height,
and the toolbar is automatically sized at 26. This would seem
reasonable, allowing a gap of 1 pixel at the top and bottom.

Not so. The button is automatically placed at 2, and cannot be reduced.
The upshot of that is, I have a two pixel 'gap' at the top of the
toolbar, and no gap at the bottom. This makes the toolbar look a tad
untidy, to say the least.

I guess I could easily work around that with code but surely I must be
doing something wrong?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. If it is relevant, I'm using Windows 95 OSR2, Delphi 3.02 and
IE4.1.

Martin Goodson (kaema...@magus.powernet.co.uk)

"Excessive belching can cause brain damage and social ostracism. Kids,
please don't give in to peer pressure. Play it safe."