Looking for a way to downgrade Paradox 7 tables to Paradox 5

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to downgrade Paradox 7 tables to Paradox 5 with
the Database Desktop that comes with Delphi 2. I want to do this to
attach a Paradox table to a database in Access 97(which has an ISAM
for Paradox 5 tables). The table in question is in, you guessed it,
Paradox 7 format.

Thanks
-Laurens

Ultima Encyclopedia
  http://www.bos.nl/homes/fridael/ultima/index.html
Ultima Resource Library
  http://www.bos.nl/homes/fridael/ultima/reslib/index.html

Re:Looking for a way to downgrade Paradox 7 tables to Paradox 5

In article <33aedb56.768...@news.bos.nl> lmfrid...@wnet.bos.nl (Laurens M. Fridael) writes:

>I'm looking for a way to downgrade Paradox 7 tables to Paradox 5 with
>the Database Desktop that comes with Delphi 2. I want to do this to
>attach a Paradox table to a database in Access 97(which has an ISAM
>for Paradox 5 tables). The table in question is in, you guessed it,
>Paradox 7 format.

If you restructure the table and remove all of the Paradox-7 specific
features, I believe that Paradox will automatically lower the table level to
the lowest one that supports the features you use.

Otherwise, creating a new table and 'adding' the records from the old table to
the new one should do the trick.

Other Threads