Getting hardware information in Windows

I'm looking for pointers as to how to go about getting harware
information using Delphi in NT.  I'd like to be able to read
information such as number and size of memory strips present,
motherboard model, what hard drive is connected to what ide port, etc.
I've seen some of this done in a component from MiTeC.

Where do I start???

Re:Getting hardware information in Windows

denn...@liv.ac.uk wrote:

> I'm looking for pointers as to how to go about getting harware
> information using Delphi in NT.  I'd like to be able to read
> information such as number and size of memory strips present,
> motherboard model, what hard drive is connected to what ide port, etc.
> I've seen some of this done in a component from MiTeC.

> Where do I start???

This is a matter of finding the right Windows API calls to fetch the
information.  Take a look at GetSystemInfo and related calls in the
Windows SDK Reference, supplied as part of the help files for Delphi.

Other Threads