Problem inserting records to tables with lookup fields

Hi everybody,

I am new to Delphi ADO programming. My problem is I get an "an unknown error
occured" message when I tried to insert a record to ADO datasets if the
dataset has lookup fields from other datasets...

I appreciate any help... Thanks in advance

ibrahim seyrek

Re:Problem inserting records to tables with lookup fields

>I am new to Delphi ADO programming. My problem is I get an "an unknown error
>occured" message when I tried to insert a record to ADO datasets if the
>dataset has lookup fields from other datasets...

This should just be an error you get when running from the IDE.  There is some
code for lookups that uses a Try/Except block that will surface only when run
from the IDE.
Also you won't get this error if you set the lookupfield lookupCache property to
true and you probably want to be using this setting if your lookup table is
small.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com