Please Help With Stupid MS Access Problem

I can't get a simple TTable.SetKey, GotoKey to work when I work with a MS
Access 97 database through the BDE.  I've done this same combination with no
problems thousands of times with Paradox, and Interbase tables.  The
.GotoKey method always returns false with an Access table.  I can see the
data using the MS Access 97 program.  The table is properly keyed.

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Al Willis

Re:Please Help With Stupid MS Access Problem

OK I'm a dummy.  I had gotten use to the Paradox table behavior that when a
table is opened, it is on it's primary index.  This was also the case for
Interbase it appears.  When I explicity set the index to the primary key
name everything worked fine.

Al Willis

"Al Willis" <alwil...@pdq.net> wrote in message

> I can't get a simple TTable.SetKey, GotoKey to work when I work with a MS
> Access 97 database through the BDE.  I've done this same combination with
no
> problems thousands of times with Paradox, and Interbase tables.  The
> .GotoKey method always returns false with an Access table.  I can see the
> data using the MS Access 97 program.  The table is properly keyed.

> Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

> Thanks,
> Al Willis

Other Threads