D5 + ADO + MS Sql 2000 = Unspecified Error

We have an application written in Delphi 5.0 (Build 5.62) which successfully connects to MS Sql Server 7
databases using ADO
We are now trying to connect to a Sql 2000 database, but when trying to open the ADOConnection we get an
exception "Unspecified error".
BTW - The PC I am using is NT Workstation 4 (with a local copy of Sql 7), connecting (trying) to an NT 4
Server.
I have installed the Sql 2000 client tools and can access the database using MS Management Console. I can also
access the database using ODBC.

Can anyone suggest what I need to change in Delphi to connect to Sql 2000.
All suggestions appreciated.

Re:D5 + ADO + MS Sql 2000 = Unspecified Error

> We are now trying to connect to a Sql 2000 database, but when trying to open the ADOConnection we get an
> exception "Unspecified error".

I've now discovered that this is due to Sql Server 2000 being installed
to use Windows Authentication. If I change it to Mixed Mode, or add the
Integrated Security=SSPI (that's just from memory) then I can connect to
the database

I then get the problem due to MDAC 2.6 (crashes when trying to close an
empty query), but I'm hoping that upgrading Delphi to 5.01 will fix this.

Does anyone know whether I'll need to install the Delphi ADOExpress
update as well?

Other Threads