D4 and output parameters from MSSQL 6.5 stored procs

Hello! I'm using D4 C/S with MSSQL 6.5 and I having the following problem:

The TStoredProc component fails to recover values from the output
parameters.

Tracing the call with SQL Monitor shows that what happens is that BDE
forgets to add the word OUTPUT after the parameter name when doing the call,
as instructs the MS Transact-SQL Reference, so the parameters are considered
input parameters by the server.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance, MRC

Re:D4 and output parameters from MSSQL 6.5 stored procs

>>The TStoredProc component fails to recover values from the output
>>parameters.

Does the stored proc call RETURN?

If so, call the SP with TStoredProc.ExecProc.

After ExecProc, the output params should have any value placed in them
within the SP.      It's working for me.

Also...
Does the stored proc return a result set?  - If so there seems to be a problem
getting the value of the output params.... have not found a solution to this
other than not returning a result set when I want to read output params...

=Bill=

Other Threads