Delphi Trial version Installation Problem

I downloaded the Delphi Architect trial version off your webiste
last week and just tried to install it today.  It came up with an error message that said it could not be unpacked.  It said that the executable attempting to run has been corrupted and that I should obtain another copy and verify its integrity.

I'm not sure what all this means, I just want to try out the software.  How do I go about getting to to work?

Re:Delphi Trial version Installation Problem

Hi Katie,

Katie wrote:
>I downloaded the Delphi Architect trial version off your webiste
>last week and just tried to install it today.  It came up with an error message that said it could not be unpacked.  It said that the executable attempting to run has been corrupted and that I should obtain another copy and verify its integrity.

It sounds like your downloaded file is corrupted.  Go back to the borland website and download the trial version again.

Regards,
Angel

--

Please visit our online support pages at http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

 Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

 http://info.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/
 http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Delphi Trial version Installation Problem

Hi Katie,

Are you getting an "Error 1311: Source file not found" error message.
If so, check the registry for HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDRoms.
If AllocateCDRoms is equal to 1, set it to 0 and try installing again.

Hope this helps,
Regards, Russell Hewitt

Katie wrote:

> I downloaded the Delphi Architect trial version off your webiste
> last week and just tried to install it today.  It came up with an error message that said it could not be unpacked.  It said that the executable attempting to run has been corrupted and that I should obtain another copy and verify its integrity.

> I'm not sure what all this means, I just want to try out the software.  How do I go about getting to to work?

Other Threads