How to find in the source a run-timle error with a known address

Hello !

I have developped a software and I have send it to a friend in order to test
it.
I have assume like in the old Turbo Pascal environment when my friend get an
error I can with the function search an ru-time error I can detect the
origin of the error.

But  it seems that with delphi (I use version 4 pack 3) it is not possible
to do that.
My friend sent to me the code of error '200' divided by zero the adress of
the error 2972:0091 but imposible to link this adress with the source like
with my old Pascal.
Can somebody help me to retrieve the old but efficients capabilities.

Thanks by advance
Michel

Re:How to find in the source a run-timle error with a known address

Michel TORREILLES wrote:

> Hello !

> I have developped a software and I have send it to a friend in order to test
> it.
> I have assume like in the old Turbo Pascal environment when my friend get an
> error I can with the function search an ru-time error I can detect the
> origin of the error.

> But  it seems that with delphi (I use version 4 pack 3) it is not possible
> to do that.
> My friend sent to me the code of error '200' divided by zero the adress of
> the error 2972:0091 but imposible to link this adress with the source like
> with my old Pascal.
> Can somebody help me to retrieve the old but efficients capabilities.

I cant't really believe that to be a real error address, since segment:offset
addressing is unknown in Win32. Error addresses usually look like 0040xxxx.
You have to run your program (with unchanged sources, of course), go back to
Delphi, open the appropriate dialog box (Find - runtime error I believe),
enter a "$" sign and after that the error address. This will bring you to the
bad line.

-Michael

Re:How to find in the source a run-timle error with a known address

Michael Winter skrev i meldingen <37EBD7A5.FDFBA...@foni.net>...

>You have to run your program (with unchanged sources, of course), go
back to
>Delphi, open the appropriate dialog box (Find - runtime error I
believe),
>enter a "$" sign and after that the error address. This will bring
you to the
>bad line.

This works, sometmes...

--