Help needed - opening http/1.1 connection

I am a thoroughly confused new Delphi user and am trying to figure out how
to open an http/1.1 connection. I need to specify a User-Agent directive for
the page I want to connect to, is anyone able to provide me a simple example
which shows the object construction ? If it helps I can provide some
assumptions:

1) url to connect to: mydomain.com/clients/get_data.cgi
2) User-Agent: User1ID203
3) Host: myhost.com

I hope this is enough to provide a quick example, any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Mugwump

Re:Help needed - opening http/1.1 connection

Andrew,

Always indicate which version of Delphi you're using when
you post a question... The specifics of solving your issue
can vary depending on what's supported in your version
of Delphi.

> I am a thoroughly confused new Delphi user and am trying to figure out how
> to open an http/1.1 connection. I need to specify a User-Agent directive
for
> the page I want to connect to, is anyone able to provide me a simple
example
> which shows the object construction ? If it helps I can provide some
> assumptions:

Drop a TIdHttp component on your form (from the
Indy Clients tab in the palette*). Expand the Request
property in the Object Inspector; scroll down until
you find the UserAgent property.

* If you don't have an Indy Clients tab, go to the Indy
site (http://www.nevrona.com/indy) and download
Indy - it's almost mandatory for any kind of web
development. :-)

Ken
---
Ken White
kwh...@adpsi.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi and C++ Builder
http://www.adpsi.com

Other Threads