Still Can't Get TQuery To Work With Parameter

Hi All,

I still can't get a TQuery to work if I use a Parameter. I always get
"Operation Not Applicable." I get this error at design time or runtime.

If I change to a hard coded query it works. I am using MSSQL 6.5 with ODBC
3.50.

I stayed on the phone with Inprise (About $150.00 worth of time) and they
could not get it to work, and then wanted another $250.00 to "research" the
problem.

I have downloaded all of the latest patches.

Any help would be appreciated!

Steve O.

Re:Still Can't Get TQuery To Work With Parameter

Steve Olensky wrote:

> Hi All,

> I still can't get a TQuery to work if I use a Parameter. I always get
> "Operation Not Applicable." I get this error at design time or runtime.

> If I change to a hard coded query it works. I am using MSSQL 6.5 with ODBC
> 3.50.

> I stayed on the phone with Inprise (About $150.00 worth of time) and they
> could not get it to work, and then wanted another $250.00 to "research" the
> problem.

> I have downloaded all of the latest patches.

> Any help would be appreciated!

> Steve O.

Hello,
  There is a problem with the ODBC call SQLGetTypeInfo in the 3.50
driver versions.  You will need to move back to an older driver until
Microsoft fixes it.

  Scott
--
BDE Support:
 http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde

Re:Still Can't Get TQuery To Work With Parameter

Thanks Scott,

I have been working on this for days. I do not have the option of changing
versions, as we have some other packages that require 3.50 (ADO). Will this
be corrected in Delphi4, or do we have to wait for SQL 7.0 ?

Steve O.

Steve Olensky wrote:

> Thanks Scott,

> I have been working on this for days. I do not have the option of changing
> versions, as we have some other packages that require 3.50 (ADO). Will this
> be corrected in Delphi4, or do we have to wait for SQL 7.0 ?

> Steve O.

> Scott Frolich [Inprise] wrote in message <35896F97.7...@corp.inprise.com>...
> >Steve Olensky wrote:

> >> Hi All,

> >> I still can't get a TQuery to work if I use a Parameter. I always get
> >> "Operation Not Applicable." I get this error at design time or runtime.

> >> If I change to a hard coded query it works. I am using MSSQL 6.5 with
> ODBC
> >> 3.50.

> >> I stayed on the phone with Inprise (About $150.00 worth of time) and they
> >> could not get it to work, and then wanted another $250.00 to "research"
> the
> >> problem.

> >> I have downloaded all of the latest patches.

> >> Any help would be appreciated!

> >> Steve O.
> >Hello,
> >  There is a problem with the ODBC call SQLGetTypeInfo in the 3.50
> >driver versions.  You will need to move back to an older driver until
> >Microsoft fixes it.

> >  Scott
> >--
> >BDE Support:
> > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde
> >Delphi Support:
> > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi
> >Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
> > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/

Hello,
  This is a Microsoft ODBC problem, not a BDE problem.  You can
reproduce the problem by using ODBCTest.exe.  Attach to the database and
run SQLGetTypeInfo with the SQL_DOUBLE parameter. Note that the call
fails where it should succeed.

 Scott
--
BDE Support:
 http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde
Delphi Support:
 http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi
Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
 http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/

Re:Still Can't Get TQuery To Work With Parameter

re: I had the same probelm. it's with the odbc driver.
When I switched back to  ODBC version 2.65 it works fine with
stored procedures.

Scott Frolich [Inprise] <sfrol...@corp.inprise.com> wrote in article
<358AA53D.7...@corp.inprise.com>...

> Steve Olensky wrote:

> > Thanks Scott,

> > I have been working on this for days. I do not have the option of
changing
> > versions, as we have some other packages that require 3.50 (ADO). Will
this
> > be corrected in Delphi4, or do we have to wait for SQL 7.0 ?

> > Steve O.

> > Scott Frolich [Inprise] wrote in message

<35896F97.7...@corp.inprise.com>...

runtime.

> > ODBC

> > the

> > >Hello,
> > >  There is a problem with the ODBC call SQLGetTypeInfo in the 3.50
> > >driver versions.  You will need to move back to an older driver until
> > >Microsoft fixes it.

> > >  Scott
> > >--
> > >BDE Support:
> > > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde
> > >Delphi Support:
> > > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi
> > >Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
> > > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/
> Hello,
>   This is a Microsoft ODBC problem, not a BDE problem.  You can
> reproduce the problem by using ODBCTest.exe.  Attach to the database and
> run SQLGetTypeInfo with the SQL_DOUBLE parameter. Note that the call
> fails where it should succeed.

>  Scott
> --
> BDE Support:
>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde
> Delphi Support:
>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi
> Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/

Re:Still Can't Get TQuery To Work With Parameter

Installing ADO 2.0 fixes the problem. It includes Version 3.60 of
SQLSRV32.DLL.

Steve O.

Sudheesh Clement wrote in message <01bda224$03742e70$0200000a@curtisnts1>...
>re: I had the same probelm. it's with the odbc driver.
>When I switched back to  ODBC version 2.65 it works fine with
>stored procedures.

>Scott Frolich [Inprise] <sfrol...@corp.inprise.com> wrote in article
><358AA53D.7...@corp.inprise.com>...
>> Steve Olensky wrote:

>> > Thanks Scott,

>> > I have been working on this for days. I do not have the option of
>changing
>> > versions, as we have some other packages that require 3.50 (ADO). Will
>this
>> > be corrected in Delphi4, or do we have to wait for SQL 7.0 ?

>> > Steve O.

>> > Scott Frolich [Inprise] wrote in message
><35896F97.7...@corp.inprise.com>...

>get
>runtime.

>with
>> > ODBC

>they
>"research"
>> > the

>> Hello,
>>   This is a Microsoft ODBC problem, not a BDE problem.  You can
>> reproduce the problem by using ODBCTest.exe.  Attach to the database and
>> run SQLGetTypeInfo with the SQL_DOUBLE parameter. Note that the call
>> fails where it should succeed.

>>  Scott
>> --
>> BDE Support:
>>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde
>> Delphi Support:
>>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi
>> Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
>>  http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/

Re:Still Can't Get TQuery To Work With Parameter

Where can we get the ADO 2.0 & SQLSRV32.DLL version 3.60?
I've got 3.50.xxx, which came from MS's web site.
Is ADO 2.0 available on the web anywhere, or do I have to go to our LAN
people and ask them to dig up an MS CD, and if so, which one?

Thanks!

Other Threads