Component Services: Interactive User vs. System User

I have an in-process server registered in Component Services. When I am
signed in as administrator and the COM+ application security is set to
Interactive User, the server works fine. When I set the security to
"This User" and give the administrator's user name and password, the
server locks up when administrator is signed in or not.

Why would Interactive User with administrator signed in work and "This
User" set to administrator not? I understand why Interactive User and
administrator signed in works; it's the latter part of the question that
is puzzling.

Re:Component Services: Interactive User vs. System User

"Kyle A. Miller" <k...@millerdevelopment.info.no_spammy> wrote in message

> I have an in-process server registered in Component Services. When I am
> signed in as administrator and the COM+ application security is set to
> Interactive User, the server works fine. When I set the security to
> "This User" and give the administrator's user name and password, the
> server locks up when administrator is signed in or not

Kyle, can you clarify this "signed in or not"???

> Why would Interactive User with administrator signed in work and "This
> User" set to administrator not? I understand why Interactive User and
> administrator signed in works; it's the latter part of the question that
> is puzzling.

This sounds strange.  I've just tested this and works fine.  Is there any
security specific settings on your COM+ application?

Also what OS, service pack have you got?

Cheers

Abdullah

Abdullah Kauchali wrote:
> Kyle, can you clarify this "signed in or not"???

When I say "signed in", I mean pass the Windows login screen and looking
at the desktop.

When I say "signed out", I mean looking the Windows login screen.

> This sounds strange.  I've just tested this and works fine.  Is there any
> security specific settings on your COM+ application?

Authorization: Enforce access checks is *not* checked.
Security Level set to Perform access checks at the process and component
level....

Authentication level for calls: Connect
Impersonation level: Identify

Activation: Server Application

> Also what OS, service pack have you got?

Windows 2k SP3

Re:Component Services: Interactive User vs. System User

Kyle,

I think your best bet is to post this in
microsoft.public.platformsdk.complus_mts.

It has nothing or very little Delphi stuff so it should be somewhat safe.

Kind regards

Abdullah.

ps.  I'd like to know what transpires and will followup there too after you
post.

Other Threads