Delphi DDE -> Word 97

Hi,

Following problem took me:

    There is a Database System, implemented in Delphi, using Paradox Tables.
The Consumer asked me to integrate Office functionality into the System. He
wants to do mailmerge with Word an generating lists with Excel.

Follwoing idea:
    Exporting requested Data into an Access file (Delphi 3.01) seems to be
no problem. Excecute the corresponding Office program an communicate via
DDE. I want to tell Word take your mailmerge DataSource called ... out of
the directory ... .
Then I should be able to do the rest with some ugly VBA macros.

Following Result:
    Starting Word via DDE - no problem
    Executing any Word makro via DDE big Problem
         ugly VBA (I hate it) generates code to call corresponding  makro,
but this code is wrong - I don't know the scheme how it is generated - I am
frusted

If anybody has a solution or any idea - help me
Ideas about OLE or ActiveX are also very welcome - the main thing is the
solution of the problem.

FUX

Re:Delphi DDE -> Word 97

Forget DDE and use OLE Automation.  There are a lot of examples in
messages in this list.

--
 - J. Merrill jmerrill_nos...@mnsinc.com

Re:Delphi DDE -> Word 97

: "Matthias Fuchs (RHC EDV & Brosysteme)" <m....@t-online.de> wrote:

>Following problem took me:

>    There is a Database System, implemented in Delphi, using Paradox Tables.
>The Consumer asked me to integrate Office functionality into the System. He
>wants to do mailmerge with Word an generating lists with Excel.

>If anybody has a solution or any idea - help me
>Ideas about OLE or ActiveX are also very welcome - the main thing is the
>solution of the problem.

Why don't you just solemnly use OLE automation ?! DDE should only be
used for very specific tasks and in your case OLE automation IS what
you need.

Just use VBA from within Delphi using early binding. You will NOT be
able to spare yourself from learning VBA.
--
mailto:Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads