Software Machine, Bogot, Colombia

Telfonos 3334538 - 3370156

mailto:softw...@tutopia.com
mailto:msua...@softwaremachine.com

Re:The Best GUI for InterBase is...

Miguel Angel Suarez Rodriguez wrote:

> QuickDesk
> It's very nice!

And buggy! Sorry, but that was my experience.
IMO the most stable IB Tool is version 5.6's ISQL. ;)

dog

IMPROART
Rua Emiliano Perneta, 297 - 6 And - Cj. 63
CEP 80050-010 - Curitiba-PR - Brasil
Tel/fax.: 55-41-323-7558

Re:The Best GUI for InterBase is...

ISQL is really the best IB tool i've used.

Douglas Tosi <doug...@improart.com.br> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:3AA54592.8AF60...@improart.com.br...

Anderson Farias wrote:
> ISQL is really the best IB tool i've used.

Yes. If you wan't a stable tool, then ISQL is the way to go. If you want
productivity, well, then maybe (just maybe) it's not the best. :)

regards,

 "Anderson Farias" <afarias....@ig.com.br> wrote:

> ISQL is really the best IB tool i've used.

Where does one get this?

Paul...

Re:The Best GUI for InterBase is...

It comes with IB5.x and earlier...

But there are alternatives to QuickDesk, somewhat less buggy, although still
in beta: InterBase Workbench... :)
--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Paul Linehan wrote:

> > ISQL is really the best IB tool i've used.

> Where does one get this?

It was shipped with IB 5.x (and prior?).
Now IB6 ships with IBConsole, that substitutes the tools shipped with
5.6 including ISQL (and ServerManager).

 "Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@clear_this_upscene.com> wrote:

> > > ISQL is really the best IB tool i've used.
> > Where does one get this?
> It comes with IB5.x and earlier...
> But there are alternatives to QuickDesk, somewhat less buggy, although still
> in beta: InterBase Workbench... :)
> InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
> http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

I've looked at it and I'll play around with it.

As a matter of interest, are there any web based tools that can be
used to administer InterBase.

Paul...

Paul Linehan wrote:

> As a matter of interest, are there any web based tools that can be
> used to administer InterBase.

http://www.open-database.de/ib/

        Still in beta, though.

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz (TeamB)       Vertex Systems Corporation
Senior Developer           http://www.vertexsoftware.com

"Anderson Farias" <afarias....@ig.com.br> wrote in message

> ISQL is really the best IB tool i've used.

What about IBExpert? Anyone tried it?

Re:The Best GUI for InterBase is...

I won't start to say that it's a bad tool (it isn't) but I do know that it
is implementing more and more features already available in the early betas
of InterBase Workbench that increase its usability... InterBase Workbench is
aimed at ease of use, not at fancy sounds and 'flat looks' to make
everything look pretty...

--

Douglas Tosi wrote:
> Miguel Angel Suarez Rodriguez wrote:

>> QuickDesk
>> It's very nice!

> And buggy! Sorry, but that was my experience.
> IMO the most stable IB Tool is version 5.6's ISQL. ;)

I agree.  If  dialect is not a problem.

"mac moraleja" <m...@hkisl.net> wrote in message

> Douglas Tosi wrote:

> > Miguel Angel Suarez Rodriguez wrote:

> >> QuickDesk
> >> It's very nice!

> > And buggy! Sorry, but that was my experience.
> > IMO the most stable IB Tool is version 5.6's ISQL. ;)

> I agree.  If  dialect is not a problem.

It's a good thing that there are several others out there that DO support
Dialect 3...

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Re:The Best GUI for InterBase is...

Hi all,

I prefer using IBEXPERT, a QUICKDESK clone, rather than QUICKDESK itself.

I tryed the two products and QUICKDESK seems to be very buggy......

Laurent.

"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@clear_this_upscene.com> a crit dans le message
news: 3abb0c3e$1_2@dnews...

> "mac moraleja" <m...@hkisl.net> wrote in message

> > Douglas Tosi wrote:

> > > And buggy! Sorry, but that was my experience.
> > > IMO the most stable IB Tool is version 5.6's ISQL. ;)

> > I agree.  If  dialect is not a problem.

> It's a good thing that there are several others out there that DO support
> Dialect 3...

> --
> Martijn Tonies
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com

> InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase
> http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Other Threads