hostdef Extension not found.

I installed the oracle server on my Win2K PC.
I can connect to ORACLE in SQL*PLUS but when I want to
connect via BDE I get this error : "hostdef Extension not found."

Re:hostdef Extension not found.

You may want to try this in the BDE forum.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:hostdef Extension not found.

Excuse me for mistake, I have this proble both in BDE
and new dbExpress connection component.

"tmiller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> wrote in message

> You may want to try this in the BDE forum.

> Mohammad Sanati wrote:

> > I installed the oracle server on my Win2K PC.
> > I can connect to ORACLE in SQL*PLUS but when I want to
> > connect via BDE I get this error : "hostdef Extension not found."

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> http://www.bss-software.com

Re:hostdef Extension not found.

Excuse me for mistake, I have this proble both in BDE
and new dbExpress connection component.

"tmiller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> wrote in message

> You may want to try this in the BDE forum.

> Mohammad Sanati wrote:

> > I installed the oracle server on my Win2K PC.
> > I can connect to ORACLE in SQL*PLUS but when I want to
> > connect via BDE I get this error : "hostdef Extension not found."

> --
> Thomas Miller
> Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> http://www.bss-software.com

Re:hostdef Extension not found.

No problem.  The more information you give us the better we
can help.  I haven't seen this particular error before.

With a TSQLConnection component, what do the Params look like?
Click on Params property, Click Code Editor, Cut and paste it
here.  Feel free to *******  the password.

Mohammad Sanati wrote:
> Excuse me for mistake, I have this proble both in BDE
> and new dbExpress connection component.

> "tmiller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> wrote in message

>>You may want to try this in the BDE forum.

>>Mohammad Sanati wrote:

>>>I installed the oracle server on my Win2K PC.
>>>I can connect to ORACLE in SQL*PLUS but when I want to
>>>connect via BDE I get this error : "hostdef Extension not found."

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:hostdef Extension not found.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\
ORACLE_HOME  REG_SZ  C:\Oracle\Ora81

"Mohammad Sanati" <Mohamma...@SystemGroup.Net> wrote in message

> Excuse me for mistake, I have this proble both in BDE
> and new dbExpress connection component.

> "tmiller" <tmil...@bss-software.com> wrote in message
> > You may want to try this in the BDE forum.

> > Mohammad Sanati wrote:

> > > I installed the oracle server on my Win2K PC.
> > > I can connect to ORACLE in SQL*PLUS but when I want to
> > > connect via BDE I get this error : "hostdef Extension not found."

> > --
> > Thomas Miller
> > Delphi Client/Server Certified Developer
> > BSS Accounting & Distribution Software
> > BSS Enterprise Accounting FrameWork

> > http://www.bss-software.com

Other Threads