Board index » delphi » I am really sorry

I am really sorry

Hi everybody!
Listen, I am reaLly REALLY !!!REALLY!!! sorry for not mentioning my vacation
to You...
After 2 weeks I'm back from a wonderful vacation... Just to find I need a
new one...

There was more than 3 000 new NG messages... My modem has almost passed away
in his 30 minute strugle for a breath...
I didn't think my heart could hold on... You all filled my eyes with
tears... Tears of joy... So much to read... So much to learn... What can I
say... THANK YOU!!! Keep up the good work...

And I still didn't download my e-mail... Nurse... NURSE!!! Get me my
pills...

PS: If you thought I was sorry for not notifying you... Then you really must
know how I feel about this X post...

--
Insert a sig <here>

NANOS...@EUnet.yu
Come and see it: http://solair.eunet.yu/~NanoSOFT

 

Re:I am really sorry


They really do build up quickly.  That's why synchronization is good to use.

Quote
"BlueIce" <NANOS...@EUnet.yu> wrote in message

news:ajbk76$10a$1@news.eunet.yu...
Quote
> Hi everybody!
> Listen, I am reaLly REALLY !!!REALLY!!! sorry for not mentioning my
vacation
> to You...
> After 2 weeks I'm back from a wonderful vacation... Just to find I need a
> new one...

> There was more than 3 000 new NG messages... My modem has almost passed
away
> in his 30 minute strugle for a breath...
> I didn't think my heart could hold on... You all filled my eyes with
> tears... Tears of joy... So much to read... So much to learn... What can I
> say... THANK YOU!!! Keep up the good work...

> And I still didn't download my e-mail... Nurse... NURSE!!! Get me my
> pills...

> PS: If you thought I was sorry for not notifying you... Then you really
must
> know how I feel about this X post...

> --
> Insert a sig <here>

> NANOS...@EUnet.yu
> Come and see it: http://solair.eunet.yu/~NanoSOFT

Re:I am really sorry


Quote
bogus_me...@nospamhere.com wrote:

> Ho..Hum.....Another crossposter tying up the newsgroups
> with off topic prattle.

what is the on-topic then in this spam ridden dead newsgroup to a
language whose death was not even noticed and while barnes and noble
removed all their pascal books from their shelves to make room for
'joy of html' like 15 years ago???
Quote

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:51:45 +0200, "BlueIce" <NANOS...@EUnet.yu>
> wrote:

> >Hi everybody!
> >Listen, I am reaLly REALLY !!!REALLY!!! sorry for not mentioning my vacation
> >to You...
> >After 2 weeks I'm back from a wonderful vacation... Just to find I need a
> >new one...

> >There was more than 3 000 new NG messages... My modem has almost passed away
> >in his 30 minute strugle for a breath...
> >I didn't think my heart could hold on... You all filled my eyes with
> >tears... Tears of joy... So much to read... So much to learn... What can I
> >say... THANK YOU!!! Keep up the good work...

> >And I still didn't download my e-mail... Nurse... NURSE!!! Get me my
> >pills...

> >PS: If you thought I was sorry for not notifying you... Then you really must
> >know how I feel about this X post...

> Steve
> ----

Re:I am really sorry


Quote
<bogus_me...@nospamhere.com> wrote in message

news:a51jluk3od9nq3ad4vg0rqkg2rdk3fe9vv@4ax.com...
: Ho..Hum.....Another crossposter tying up the newsgroups
: with off topic prattle.

Well, G, sorry...
I just had to give some people an explanation of my absence and my not
replying to their mail... And I didn't intend to send about 100 mails...

--
Insert a sig <here>

NANOS...@EUnet.yu
Come and see it: http://solair.eunet.yu/~NanoSOFT

Re:I am really sorry


Quote
BlueIce wrote:

> <bogus_me...@nospamhere.com> wrote in message
> news:a51jluk3od9nq3ad4vg0rqkg2rdk3fe9vv@4ax.com...
> : Ho..Hum.....Another crossposter tying up the newsgroups
> : with off topic prattle.

> Well, G, sorry...
> I just had to give some people an explanation of my absence and my not
> replying to their mail... And I didn't intend to send about 100 mails...

So you have added to it abusing several newsgroups and forced several
thousands people to read your childish post, and several thousand
newsservers to send/receive it, Google to save it for ever...  Being
ignorant is one thing but AFAIS it does not add up well with lazyness.

Re:I am really sorry


Quote
BlueIce wrote:

> Well, G, sorry...
> I just had to give some people an explanation of my absence and my not
> replying to their mail... And I didn't intend to send about 100 mails...

You're not expected to reply to spam :-p
Odin (from a2h)

Re:I am really sorry


Quote
bogus_me...@nospamhere.com wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:24:50 GMT, blooven <bloo...@blooven.edu> wrote:

> >bogus_me...@nospamhere.com wrote:

> >> Ho..Hum.....Another crossposter tying up the newsgroups
> >> with off topic prattle.

> >what is the on-topic then in this spam ridden

> My newsgroup (borland.public.turbopascal) is not spam-ridden.

sorry I must apologize -  i was referring to comp.lang.pascal.borland
i didn't check to see if there was any crossposts to other groups

Quote

> >dead newsgroup

> There were 159 posts (that I kept) in this newsgroup
> (borland.public.turbopascal) for the month of July, which
> in my opinion is a fairly healthy newsgroup.

or 159 people living in the past - turbopascal/borland pascal is
limited in a number of ways - the future is freepascal (or similar)
and delphi.

Quote

> Also in (comp.lang.clipper) there were 738 messages for the same
> period.

i don't think clipper is a computer language - i think it is more
a 'dos database productivity tool' written by Computer Associates -
i don't think much more needs to be said on this!

Quote

> > to a
> >language whose death was not even noticed and while barnes and noble
> >removed all their pascal books from their shelves

> First off a search for the word Pascal found

maybe pascal - but try 'turbo pascal'

Quote

>   Book Search Results
>   We found 2,019 titles with the keyword pascal.

> For a dead end it sure is still found at barnes and noble.

never said pascal was a dead end - just turbo pascal -
delphi and free pascal are quite alive and growing daily

Quote

> An awful brash statement that can't be backed up. I won't bother
> listing all pascal offerings at www.bn.com, so I'll just list the
> first one I found

> http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=0F...

>   Learn Pascal in Three Days with Cdrom
>   Sam A. Abolrous

>   In Stock:Ships within 24 hours
>   Pub. Date: July  2001

> An even better defined (but limited) search found

>   We found 29 titles with the keywords pascal borland.

'We'??? - this became a big project for you guys huh???

Quote

maybe they have 29 titles on their 'sure we got it list' but try to buy
any - ZIPPO -

only place you can actually get turbo pascal books is at ebay

Quote
> I think you had your head buried in the sand for too long.

very insightful - did you happen to catch the name of the island?
Cause i lost my sunglasses there.

Quote

> >to make room for
> >'joy of html' like 15 years ago???

> Couldn't find that title on www.bn.com

I think they actually phased their html books out to make room for Perl
books

- Show quoted text -

Quote

> btw: crossposting to

>    alt.2600.hackers,
>    alt.2600.hackers.programming,
>    borland.public.turbopascal,
>    comp.lang.clipper,
>    comp.lang.pascal.borland,
>    comp.os.msdos.programmer

> and then complaining about the newsgroup(s) is stupid.

> And I personally apologize for crossposting myself, but I hope that
> this brings attention to the problems of complaining to such
> diversified newsgroups.

> >> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:51:45 +0200, "BlueIce" <NANOS...@EUnet.yu>
> >> wrote:

> >> >Hi everybody!
> >> >Listen, I am reaLly REALLY !!!REALLY!!! sorry for not mentioning my vacation
> >> >to You...
> >> >After 2 weeks I'm back from a wonderful vacation... Just to find I need a
> >> >new one...

> >> >There was more than 3 000 new NG messages... My modem has almost passed away
> >> >in his 30 minute strugle for a breath...
> >> >I didn't think my heart could hold on... You all filled my eyes with
> >> >tears... Tears of joy... So much to read... So much to learn... What can I
> >> >say... THANK YOU!!! Keep up the good work...

> >> >And I still didn't download my e-mail... Nurse... NURSE!!! Get me my
> >> >pills...

> >> >PS: If you thought I was sorry for not notifying you... Then you really must
> >> >know how I feel about this X post...

> >> Steve
> >> ----

> Steve
> ----

Re:I am really sorry


Quote
blooven <bloo...@blooven.edu> wrote:

[snip classic reply]

Just luvved that sunglasses line.

Other Threads