RichEdit (RTF-Text) in a Blob-Field

Hello,
I have a RichText-Component and I want to save the formated Text (RTF)
in a blob-Field of a Paradox-Table. I also want to get this Field from
the table to the RichText. I can't use DBRichEdit because DBRichEdit
updates the table. The table should only be updated, if the user click
'OK'. Is there anyone, who has some source for me? (Should I use a
stream and if-how)

Gerhard Waldhelm

Thank you for helping.

Re:RichEdit (RTF-Text) in a Blob-Field

>I can't use DBRichEdit because DBRichEdit
>updates the table. The table should only be updated, if the user click
>'OK'.

Why don't you handle it by just not allowing the record to post until the user
press the OK button?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:RichEdit (RTF-Text) in a Blob-Field

Gerhard

I seem to remember TDBRichEdit falsely setting the Modified flag for the
database field.   This caused a write to the table when scrolling. Is that
your problem?

You could try calling the Dataset.Cancel method in the OnAfterScroll event.
This will put the Dataset state back to dsBrowse and avoid a write to the
table.

Dave

Gerhard Waldhelm <waldh...@hc-online.de> wrote in article
<38296CA1.19EB5...@hc-online.de>...

> I can't use DBRichEdit because DBRichEdit
> updates the table. The table should only be updated, if the user click
> 'OK'.

Other Threads