MPEG Video Files

I have a very intensive multimedia application that utilizes bitmap, wave
and MPEG files. The program plays 3 MPEG files in a row via the
TMediaPlayer that totals 12-15 seconds. After a few seconds the program
then loops back and plays the videos again.

After 30-40 minutes of continuos play the application crashes with the
message :-

'MMSYSTEM264 - There is not enough memory available for this. Quit one or
more programs and then try again'

The application is using Sql Server with upto 15 PCs doing the same thing
at the same time.

I have spent may days trying different techniques (TMediaPlayer methods,
API Calls, creating a TMediaPlayer before each loop etc, etc) to try and
fixes this problem. I seem to have exhausted all avenues.

The machine I am running it on is a 233mhz MMX Pentium II with 32Mb Ram and
a 3D Video card with 4Mb Ram. As you can see this is a powerful machine
that should be capable of running the program. It is running the OSR 2
version of Windows 95, which was necessary for the MPEGs to even play
correctly at all.

I have placed various log messages in the program to monitor memory usage
and at the point of the crash everything seems OK.

This is a very urgent problem for me. I have already posted this message
once so  so if anyone does have any suggestions please email me at
mike...@inficad.com

Thanks, Mike Why...

Re:MPEG Video Files

Oliver O. duCille, Sr.        See live video over
650 State Street              the web from 8 cameras
C{*word*157}te, NC 28208           server at http://www.seecom.com
Phone: 704-372-4788           Requires Netscape 1.1 or later
Fax: 704-372-6796
Email: oduci...@seecom.com

Mike Why wrote:

> I have a very intensive multimedia application that utilizes bitmap, wave
> and MPEG files. The program plays 3 MPEG files in a row via the
> TMediaPlayer that totals 12-15 seconds. After a few seconds the program
> then loops back and plays the videos again.

> After 30-40 minutes of continuos play the application crashes with the
> message :-

> 'MMSYSTEM264 - There is not enough memory available for this. Quit one or
> more programs and then try again'

> The application is using Sql Server with upto 15 PCs doing the same thing
> at the same time.

> I have spent may days trying different techniques (TMediaPlayer methods,
> API Calls, creating a TMediaPlayer before each loop etc, etc) to try and
> fixes this problem. I seem to have exhausted all avenues.

> The machine I am running it on is a 233mhz MMX Pentium II with 32Mb Ram and
> a 3D Video card with 4Mb Ram. As you can see this is a powerful machine
> that should be capable of running the program. It is running the OSR 2
> version of Windows 95, which was necessary for the MPEGs to even play
> correctly at all.

> I have placed various log messages in the program to monitor memory usage
> and at the point of the crash everything seems OK.

> This is a very urgent problem for me. I have already posted this message
> once so  so if anyone does have any suggestions please email me at
> mike...@inficad.com

> Thanks, Mike Why...

Add more memory!  Make sure you have enough space on your disk for
the swap file.

Other Threads