AUTOSAVE document in word 95,97

When I insert text into word..(using ole)...several times.....in some
point (25 inserted strings ...rtf...and normal text)...i got
an exeption from word ...Error 1572.

The error stands for: The formatting in  this document is too complex.
Please fullsave the document now.
If I save the document...after 24 insertions.....the error will not
occur when inserting the 25th time  ..Note..just an example..it could
also be after 15 times depending of the size of the inserted rtf string
...or whatever.

I wonder if there is a way of autosaving the document from my delphi
application. If a user load an existing dokument....I dont want
it to be saved totally after doing an insert from the delphi
application.  I want the user to have the opportunity to regret the
insert and the document
will ba as before it was modified.....  Just be saved in the background.
Then...when
the user have looked through the document.....then the real save will be
actual. ..

In other words....I want it to work just as i'm using only word.....it
autosaves every ten minutes or whatever....then
when I close my document...it will ask me if I want to save the doc.

Best Regards Tony.

Re:AUTOSAVE document in word 95,97

<<Tony Turujlija:
I wonder if there is a way of autosaving the document from
my delphi application.

I suppose you'd have to use a timer and regularly copy the
document, save the copy under a different name, and close
the copy (keeping ScreenUpdating as false meanwhile?)

Deborah Pate

Re:AUTOSAVE document in word 95,97

Ok.....but how do I call word...to do it by it self?...
as I am inserting text continously and when the buffer is full...it
shrows an exeption...at that point I want to
call word...to autosave the document.

Hmm....I think the best solution maybee is to save it manually (copy the
doc with another name......and solve it in that way).

If I load an existing document....I don't want the original document to
be saved ...during insertion...cause..maybee the user regrets the
insertion...and if
fully-saved...he cant regret. But if i do not save....word throws error
1572.....document to complex-please save the doc first.

Pjuuuh....

Deborah Pate wrote:
> <<Tony Turujlija:
> I wonder if there is a way of autosaving the document from
> my delphi application.

> I suppose you'd have to use a timer and regularly copy the
> document, save the copy under a different name, and close
> the copy (keeping ScreenUpdating as false meanwhile?)

> Deborah Pate

Tony Turujlija, System Engineer
Mecel AB
M?lndalsv?gen 30B
Box 14044
SE-40020 G?teborg
Sweden

Phone:
Job:   +46(0)31 703 32 62
Cellular:   +46(0)704 31 32 62
Fax:   +46(0)31 40 31 50

mailto:Tony.Turujl...@mecel.se, Ton...@home.se
http://www.mecel.se

Quote: "I want to move to theory, everything works in theory"
Mecel: Inga vanliga konsultjobb inom elektronik och fordonsteknik