Ho to Copy news messages

I wanted to export all of the messages I am interested in in a text file,
but I do not know how to do it. Do you know if it can be done and how ?

Re:Ho to Copy news messages

I'm using Forte's Free Agent (www.forteinc.com). For this newsreader,
it's just File -> Save messages As. This brings up a save dialog which
allows me to save one or more messages to a text file, either as a new
file or by appending to an existing file. Very nice :-) You can have
it put in a custom separator line, which would make it easy to save as
a large text file with many messages, then use Delphi to break it into
individual messages again.

If your newsreader has no way to save to file, I would:
1. download the Free Agent, or
2. copy and paste to a word processor (yuk)

hth,
Dan

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:51:47 GMT, "Franco Jommi"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: my e-mail address is DanB at CMDCsystems.com]

Re:Ho to Copy news messages

You can create new folder "Delphi" and copy all messages you are interested
in into that folder,
so you will be able to read it any time.

--
Best Regards, Bojan Huljev
E-Mail: bojan.hul...@inet.hr

"Dan Brennand" <D...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Forte's Free Agent (www.forteinc.com). For this newsreader,
> it's just File -> Save messages As. This brings up a save dialog which
> allows me to save one or more messages to a text file, either as a new
> file or by appending to an existing file. Very nice :-) You can have
> it put in a custom separator line, which would make it easy to save as
> a large text file with many messages, then use Delphi to break it into
> individual messages again.

> If your newsreader has no way to save to file, I would:
> 1. download the Free Agent, or
> 2. copy and paste to a word processor (yuk)

> hth,
> Dan

> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21:51:47 GMT, "Franco Jommi"
> <franco.jom...@tin.it> wrote:

> >I wanted to export all of the messages I am interested in in a text file,
> >but I do not know how to do it. Do you know if it can be done and how ?

> --
> Dan Brennand
> CMDC systems, inc.
> Configuration Management and Document Control:
> visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
> [SPAM block: my e-mail address is DanB at CMDCsystems.com]

Other Threads