IBX Access Violatio at address 4055CDDF in module 'gds32.dll'

This append when I give the DatabaseName format as
'\\machinename\c:\path\database.gdb'
but doesn't pappaer when I use 'c:\path\database.gdb'.
It's append where I use TIBUpdateSQL.
Where did I do something wrong .....

Thanks to all

Georges

Re:IBX Access Violatio at address 4055CDDF in module 'gds32.dll'

Georges

Try machinename:C:\path\database.gdb.  The path to the database should be in
the form servername:path_to_db_on_the_server.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bob

"Georges MATHIEU" <i...@ppsoft.com> wrote in message

> This append when I give the DatabaseName format as
> '\\machinename\c:\path\database.gdb'
> but doesn't pappaer when I use 'c:\path\database.gdb'.
> It's append where I use TIBUpdateSQL.
> Where did I do something wrong .....

> Thanks to all

> Georges

Re:IBX Access Violatio at address 4055CDDF in module 'gds32.dll'

Thanks Bob, I've tried but it still the same.
After 2 or 3 commitretaining, the error occur .....
Same when I use the TCPIP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:c:\path\database.gdb.

I use WINDOWS2000.

The test are made on the same machine where the database is located.
I do those test because sometime the progrma need to connect by TCPIP onto a
Server....

I don't understand why it works 2 times and after hang...
The message is EIBInterBaseError with message 'Invalid request handle'.

'c:\path\database.gdb' that work without any problem ......
it seems that NetBui is working wel and not TCPIP ....

Thanks
Georges

"Bob Zirbel" <b...@asoftsolutions.com.au> a crit dans le message news:
3b5ca88a_1@dnews...

Georges MATHIEU wrote:

> This append when I give the DatabaseName format as

        Please post a *much more detailed* description of the problem in
borland.public.delphi.database.interbaseexpress, which is the proper
newsgroup for IBX questions.  There is not enough information here to
answer your question.  I'd recommend you post the code which you are
running.

        -Craig