Saving D4 Toolbars to the Registry

I have an application which I just updated to Delphi4 from Delphi3.  In
Delphi3, I used the Toolbar97 component by Jordan Russell.  One of the
features that I liked of this component, was Loading and Saving of toolbar
positions into the registry(I believe the procedures were named
RegSaveToolbarPositions and RegLoadToolbarPositions).  When upgrading my
application, I wanted to use as much native VCL features as
possible(including the D4 Docking toolbars).  Now that I am using a
TControlBar with a bunch of TToolbar's on it, How do I save the current
state(i.e. docked or floating) and position of each toolbar to the registry
when the application closes, then restore the settings when the application
is run again?

Thanks,
Richard Alimi
e-mail: rich...@ralimi.hypermart.net
homepage: http://ralimi.hypermart.net

Re:Saving D4 Toolbars to the Registry

writecomponent/readcomponent might work but that is a lot of data to put
in the registry. maybe ini file?

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:12:16 -0400 Richard Alimi said something like...
:
: Thanks,
: Richard Alimi
: e-mail: rich...@ralimi.hypermart.net
: homepage: http://ralimi.hypermart.net
:
:
:

Re:Saving D4 Toolbars to the Registry

If you have your project set to save the desktop setting, you can see
how Delphi saves the positioning in the .dsk file.  This may show how to
do it, but seems to point out that no easy support exists in the
controls themselves.

John

lj wrote:

> writecomponent/readcomponent might work but that is a lot of data to put
> in the registry. maybe ini file?

> On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:12:16 -0400 Richard Alimi said something like...
> : How do I save the current
> : state(i.e. docked or floating) and position of each toolbar to the registry
> : when the application closes, then restore the settings when the application
> : is run again?

Re:Saving D4 Toolbars to the Registry

There are also components that allow you to easily save just some properties
of a component to the registry.  For example, the TFormStorage from the Rx
library (what would I do without these guys?)  is pretty darned good, and it
allows you to select a group of properties form all the components in the
form.  You can find the Rx library at http://rx.demo.ru/

Ricardo

John DeValk wrote in message <35CA75F5.9F05D...@interaccess.com>...
>If you have your project set to save the desktop setting, you can see
>how Delphi saves the positioning in the .dsk file.  This may show how to
>do it, but seems to point out that no easy support exists in the
>controls themselves.

>John

>lj wrote:

Other Threads