TurboVision - huge collections.

Hi!

I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
in a file).
In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

Thanks in advance

Jakub CHmielewski

Re:TurboVision - huge collections.

In article <y%RU1.2691$bY2.586...@news.tpnet.pl>,
  "Jakub Chmielewski" <yac...@ic.com.pl> wrote:

> I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
> in a file).
> In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

> Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

What about using TEMSStream with TCollection. I have never tried it, but I
don't see why you shouldn't be able to handle your data with this. I have also
seen a freeware TXMSStream object on the net, but don't remebmer where.

Take care, Tom.
--
Tom Wellige
HP48: http://hpshell.home.ml.org

Jakub Chmielewski schrieb:

> Hi!

> I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
> in a file).
> In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

The main restriction is the maximum Count of 16300, but
it is easy to make a descendant which uses record numbers
of a file which fake the default pointer. It is necessary
to virtually overwrite the FreeItem and some other methods,
so this worked flawlessly.

Sorting is performed in the list, not in the data, so
you have to accept much traffic on the disk, but reading
only. But if you can, better make a short key variable
instead of doing it the brute forced way. An example is
in the "Why Turbo Pascal programmers should consider
Turbo Vision" in the FAQ - page of the TP-links site.

Franz Glaser

<yac...@ic.com.pl> writes:

>Hi!

>I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
>in a file).
>In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

>Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

Have a look at http://www.bitsoft.com and look for their "containers" package.
It's shareware though, not freeware.

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision |
| g...@jayman.demon.co.uk                   |
| http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk           |

Re:TurboVision - huge collections.

In article <y%RU1.2691$bY2.586...@news.tpnet.pl>

"Jakub Chmielewski" <yac...@ic.com.pl> wrote:
> Hi!

> I need to access huge collections (that would be greater than 640Kb and are
> in a file).
> In fact I need to list them, remove, add and so on

> Is there any freeware (w/src) version?

Virtual Pascal 2.0 has a 32-bit version of Turbo Vision
(for OS/2 and Win32).

Check;
http://www.fprint.co.uk/products/virtual_pascal/

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 4.60 for Win16 and Win32
ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/ibmpc/win3/apps/chief/pro/chief460.zip

Other Threads