Problems with ODBC-Access (MSACCESS 97)

Hi

I use D3 Standard and WIN95 (BDE4.51).
I configured the ODBC-Data Source (an MSACCESS Database) in the 32-Bit
ODBC Configure Tool from W95. Then i could see the alias in the
BDE-Conf-Prog. If i want to open the database (with the right alias)
then i could see the Login-Window from the bde. (Username / PWD) Then I
click on the ok button (because there is no pwd set) and the following
error-messag comes:

Ihr Anwendung ist fr die Benutzung dieses Treibers nicht geeignet:
Alias MADR.

=> Your application ist not the right one to use this driver. Alias:
MADR

Couldnt i access an odbc database with the delphi 3 standard version ?

Could you mail me an example prog to access an odbc database ?

Re:Problems with ODBC-Access (MSACCESS 97)

>Couldnt i access an odbc database with the delphi 3 standard version ?

The Standard version does not support ODBC connections through BDE

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

In article <35291536.50264...@forums.borland.com>, BBus...@DataGuidance.com (Brian Bushay TeamB) wrote:

>>Couldnt i access an odbc database with the delphi 3 standard version ?

>The Standard version does not support ODBC connections through BDE

Take a look at the BDE Alternatives Guide (in my .sig below)... I think some
of the Access-compatible products will work with the Standard version.

[* k...@kylecordes.com            |    Delphi Developers:  *]
[* Kyle Cordes Software Solutions |       Come see the     *]
[* http://www.kylecordes.com      | BDE Alternatives Guide *]

Other Threads