Working with print manager

In article <dmurdoch.2741.30201...@mast.queensu.ca> dmurd...@mast.queensu.ca (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
>How do I get information from the print manager, and tell it to rearrange the
>queues, delete files, etc?

And another question about Print Manager:

There's a Win API function called "SpoolFile".  I've tried it, and it usually
works -- you create the spool file yourself, and then notify Print Manager
about it with this function.  After sending it to the printer, PM deletes the
file.

However, pretty frequently I get GPFs within Print Manager when I do this.
The docs for SpoolFile tell me I have to be sure the spooler is running before
I call it.  What exactly does this mean?  I've definitely got PrintMan running
some of these times (and not so definitely in other cases).  How do I make
sure the spooler is running?

BTW, I'm going to be offline for a couple of weeks.  I'd appreciate it if you
sent me copies (or originals) of responses by email.  When I'm back, I'll post
a summary of what works.

Duncan Murdoch

Re:Working with print manager

How do I get information from the print manager, and tell it to rearrange the
queues, delete files, etc?

Duncan Murdoch

Other Threads