MAPI initialization failure

I want to use simple MAPI to do really simple stuff like send a preformatted
email. I chose simple MAPI because even Outlook Express does it. When I call
the MAPI functions, I get this message:

Initialization of the dynamic link library C:\WINNT\System32\MAPI32.dll
failed. The process is terminating abnormally.

I downloaded a sample C++ application from the MS site to see what I was
doing wrong. But it gets the same error. So I conclude that the problem
probably isn't in my code. Does anyone know what is bothering this DLL?

--
Paul Keating
Johannesburg

They CLOSED our orchestra! Your $10 can help revive it!
http://musicfans.to/save-the-nso