Modified Property for TCombobox???????

I am in need of a TCombobox that has a Modified property, does anybody
have any suggestions?

Re:Modified Property for TCombobox???????

In article <3186BD54.6...@CriticalMass.Com>, Ste...@CriticalMass.Com
says...

>I am in need of a TCombobox that has a Modified property, does anybody
>have any suggestions?

 Please explain further. Normally you cannot alter the content of a
combobox entry. You can delete a line then insert a replacement. If you
want to detect whether the editbox area has text that is not in the
combobox list, use SetSelString ( < 0 then not found) and InsertString.
Martin

Re:Modified Property for TCombobox???????

In article <4mbfnt$...@is-news.gov.ab.ca>,
Martin.Irel...@gov.ab.ca (Martin Ireland) says:

>In article <3186BD54.6...@CriticalMass.Com>, Ste...@CriticalMass.Com
>says...
>>I am in need of a TCombobox that has a Modified property, does anybody
>>have any suggestions?
> Please explain further. Normally you cannot alter the content of a
>combobox entry. You can delete a line then insert a replacement. If you
>want to detect whether the editbox area has text that is not in the
>combobox list, use SetSelString ( < 0 then not found) and InsertString.
>Martin

One CAN edit the edit part of a combobox, provided it does not have
the style CBS_DROPDOWNLIST.
Unfortunately, the combobox does not feature the same messages as the
edit control, like EM_GETMODIFY, EM_SETMODIFY, EM_CANUNDO, etc.

The only thing you've got is a notification message CBS_EDITCHANGE,
which tells the PARENT of the box that the user modified the edit part.

My suggestion is adding a Modified property yourself (maybe you should
call it EditModified for clarity). When the parent receives
CBS_EDITCHANGE, set this property TRUE.

Good luck.

  Zweitze de Vries                           zwei...@cyco.nl
  Cyco Software Development
  Handelskade 49
  Rijswijk, Netherlands                      (+31) 70 3954179

Re:Modified Property for TCombobox???????

Why don't you just create your very own TComboBox descendant
(I assume you're referring to Pascal for Windows), insert all
the additional fields you need and override the relevant
methods. Isn't that what object oriente programming is all
about? (If you're referring to Dos-Turbo Vision, it might be a
little more tricky, not much though.)

[...]

about? (IfBlister

<Blis...@eclipse.net> wrote:
>Hello Everyone...

>   I'm writing a Graphics Program that draws graphics with the mouse...
>Anyway I just finished writing code for  the Circle... The only problem
>is that it is just too slow. So If you would please help me I'll send you
>the code for the Circle if you will turn It into TP/ASM so my program
>will run it.

>    The reason I can't use Borlands CIRCLE command is because I need
>to copy the Perimiter into Memory. BUT Now that I have the code finished
>all I need is some one to translate it...

> THANKS...

>BLISTER
>Blis...@Eclipse.net

 you're referring to
Dos-Turbo Vision, it might be a
little more tricky, not much
though.)

Re:Modified Property for TCombobox???????

If you're talking about Windows Pascal then just create your own
TComboBox descenant, insert the Modified field and override the
relevant methods.
If you're talking Turbo Vision then specify it and I might work
on a class (if I get the time).

Other Threads