Higher Table Level Required

Hi all,

I'm trying to restructure a Paradox 5.0 for Windows database back down
into a Paradox 3 or 3.5 table. Is this possible? because when i try i
get the Higher Table Level Required message.

Terry

Re:Higher Table Level Required

Hi.

There are something the higher level tables support that lower versions
don't and you've used those features, one of them is long file names and
descending indexes.

You can try the PxRest(comes with source) utility to downgrade the tables,
though I have only tried the utility to upgrade, its worth a try.
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/pxrest.zip

"Terry Klacking" <tlkla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> I'm trying to restructure a Paradox 5.0 for Windows database back down
> into a Paradox 3 or 3.5 table. Is this possible? because when i try i
> get the Higher Table Level Required message.

> Terry

Re:Higher Table Level Required

Remove the features that require the higher table level.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Higher Table Level Required

Bill,

I can't find what features i make that would require a higher table
level. Here is what i do...   i create a TTable and give it a correct
tablename and databasename. Making sure the table is not active, i clear
the FieldDefs and use code like the following to make fields (just like
in the help files):

      with AddFieldDef do
      begin
        Name := 'GROUP_CODE';
        DataType := ftString;
        Size := 8;
      end;

The fields are only ftstrings (size 8) and ftintegers. Then with
IndexDefs, i use the clear procedure and then the following code ...

      with AddIndexDef do
      begin
        Name := '';
        Fields := 'GROUP_CODE; PACKAGE';
        Options := [ixPrimary];
      end;

Package is another field, and they are in the correct order to make a
primary key. Then i call CreateTable. My BDE Administrator configuration
is currently set to Level 3, so what would cause it to jump up to a
Paradox 5.0 table?

Bill Todd wrote:
> Remove the features that require the higher table level.

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:Higher Table Level Required

The only integer data type that Paradox 3 tables support is Short.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Higher Table Level Required

Thanks Bill, your a life saver  =)