Delphi with Access - what is DAO3032.DLL?

    Hi,

    I was making a system using Delphi 4 C/S and Access97(have Office97
installed).  It was working ok until I uninstalled an old Delphi 3 C/S
version of my machine.
    I dont know if this caused the problem, but it was the only thing
diferent Ive dont at my machine these days. The fact is that now, when I
try to access the alias (at my system or at BDE Admin clicking the + next to
my alias name) , I receive an error message telling me that an IDAPI error
occurred and that it cant  find the file "c:\winnt\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll".
    Does anybody knows what is this and what I must have installed at my
machine to be able to continue my development ?
    Thanks in advance
    Ricardo Capaz

Re:Delphi with Access - what is DAO3032.DLL?

In the BDE Administraot go to the MSACCESS driver information.  Find the DLL32
param and change that to IDDA3532.dll.  This is the DAO3.5 driver which comes
with Access97.  DAO3.0 though is the default and for some reason you are back on
the default.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The mist crawls from the c{*word*7}like some primordial phantom of romance

Re:Delphi with Access - what is DAO3032.DLL?

    Thanks a lot, Jeff. That was really the problem.

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> In the BDE Administraot go to the MSACCESS driver information.  Find the
DLL32
> param and change that to IDDA3532.dll.  This is the DAO3.5 driver which
comes
> with Access97.  DAO3.0 though is the default and for some reason you are
back on
> the default.

> Ricardo Capaz wrote:

> >     Hi,

> >     I was making a system using Delphi 4 C/S and Access97(have Office97
> > installed).  It was working ok until I uninstalled an old Delphi 3 C/S
> > version of my machine.
> >     I dont know if this caused the problem, but it was the only thing
> > diferent Ive dont at my machine these days. The fact is that now, when
> > try to access the alias (at my system or at BDE Admin clicking the +
next to
> > my alias name) , I receive an error message telling me that an IDAPI
error
> > occurred and that it cant  find the file

"c:\winnt\msapps\dao\dao3032.dll".

> >     Does anybody knows what is this and what I must have installed at my
> > machine to be able to continue my development ?
> >     Thanks in advance
> >     Ricardo Capaz

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> The mist crawls from the c{*word*7}like some primordial phantom of romance
> To curl, under the cascade of neon pollen.  While I sit tied to the phone
> like some expectant father, your carnation will rot in a vase.
>              (Fish)
> --

Other Threads