InterBase speed

right now I use local Paradox tables - I want to use Interbase with about
5 users.  Would it be faster or slower?  Any real world experience out
there.  It affects how I develop my program now.

Thanks

Ry
rpete...@usit.net

Re:InterBase speed

In article <31092F4E.1...@usit.net> rpete...@usit.net "Ryan Peterson" writes:
>right now I use local Paradox tables - I want to use Interbase with about
>5 users.  Would it be faster or slower?  Any real world experience out
>there.  It affects how I develop my program now.

If by local tables you mean tables on your own machine, any multiuser
system is going to be slower. Whether a Interbase or other client/server
database is going to be faster than Paradox tables on a network file
server depends on the size of the data files, the number of users, the
type of work being done and how the code is written. I would expect
not to see much difference with only five users.

--
Donald Oddy
Grove Systems Ltd.                                    0161-224 4465

Other Threads