Error: ...not in Edit or Insert mode!

well.. I do not understand a thing - the oterh day this routinses
worced well , and the after some minor changes - PUFF (a well known
problem)

The problem (whitout source)

In the startup of the prog I open 3 Tables.
then I enter a Form via a .Enter function where i do the following:
        DataModule.TableX..Append;
and Delphi cracsk up saying: .. table not in Edit or Insert mode
at the DataModule.TableX..Append; line - withs is supposed to put the
table in Insert mode.

Yes the table has not ReadOnly set to true.

Any suggestions on what that is wrong - I have run out of ideas (exept
from starting from scratch again.)

oes

Oeyvind Saeter
o...@pVv.org

Re:Error: ...not in Edit or Insert mode!

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997 02:44:05 GMT, o...@pVv.org (Oyvind Saeter) wrote:
>In the startup of the prog I open 3 Tables.
>then I enter a Form via a .Enter function where i do the following:
>    DataModule.TableX..Append;
>and Delphi cracsk up saying: .. table not in Edit or Insert mode
>at the DataModule.TableX..Append; line - withs is supposed to put the
>table in Insert mode.

>Yes the table has not ReadOnly set to true.

Do you have any events on the other two tables? My guess is that Delphi is
complaining because an event is trying to change data in one of the other
datasets.

Also, there are lots of events which could change the state of your Table back
to dsBrowse. You might try a before post on the table and debug from there, to
see what the actual state of the table is.

Hope this helps.

Re:Error: ...not in Edit or Insert mode!

Error found - there was an illegal reference between two tables, now
solved with a Dynmic Query.

oes
Oeyvind Saeter
o...@pVv.org