ADDING MENU ITEM IN RIGHT CLICK POPUP MENU

how to add menu item in a popup menu which ie shown when I click on
any file - and how to execute some prog. when that item is choosen ?
Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net                     Pozega, Croatia
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm
                                  <father since 07.07.1998>

... and a happy new year !

Re:ADDING MENU ITEM IN RIGHT CLICK POPUP MENU

function NewMenuItem (captn : string; event : tNotifyEvent) : tMenuItem;

begin
result := tMenuItem.Create (Self);
with result do
    begin
    Caption := captn;
    OnClick := event;

myPopUpMenu.Items.Add (NewMenuItem ('Menu Choice', myEventHandler);

Arminio Grgic - GrGa wrote in message <36b0738e.7975...@news.tel.hr>...

>how to add menu item in a popup menu which ie shown when I click on
>any file - and how to execute some prog. when that item is choosen ?
>Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net                     Pozega, Croatia
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm
>                                  <father since 07.07.1998>

>... and a happy new year !

Re:ADDING MENU ITEM IN RIGHT CLICK POPUP MENU

Arminio,

This menu is called a Shell Context menu. You'll find an example of
adding an option to it in your Delphi Demos\ActiveX\ShellExt folder.
The example shows how to add an option to the Explorer menu to compile
either a .PAS or .DPR file using the command line compiler (DCC32.EXE).

HTH

Ken
--
Ken White

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc

Arminio Grgic - GrGa wrote:

> how to add menu item in a popup menu which ie shown when I click on
> any file - and how to execute some prog. when that item is choosen ?
> Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net                     Pozega, Croatia
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm
>                                   <father since 07.07.1998>

> ... and a happy new year !

Re:ADDING MENU ITEM IN RIGHT CLICK POPUP MENU

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:09:36 -0500, "Bruce Roberts"

<ROBERTS_BROWNE_LIMI...@email.msn.com> wrote:
>function NewMenuItem (captn : string; event : tNotifyEvent) : tMenuItem;

You didn't get what I ment - this works only for DELPHI prog - I
wanted to know how to add on a popup menu which is shown when I click
on some prog in a folder - e.g. like on file with extension .TXT where
I get OPEN etc. - here I want to add new items but from progam written
in DELPHI !

... and I solved it ! It must be added in REGISTRY in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ... etc.
Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net                     Pozega, Croatia
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm
                                  <father since 07.07.1998>