Board index » delphi » Looking for a component, help?

Looking for a component, help?

This might be a strange one!  I'm looking for a component (preferably
freeware/shareware) that can be based around the following diagram and
notes.
------------------------------------------
Application                           -[]X
------------------------------------------

 ---------------------------------------S
 |  |   PANEL                        | |C
 -  ----------------------------------  R
 |  |   PANEL                        | |O
 -  ----------------------------------  L
 |  |   PANEL                        | |L
 -  ----------------------------------  B
 |  |   PANEL                        | |A
 -  ----------------------------------  R
 |  |   PANEL                        | |
 ---------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

I do however need a large amount of panels, which can be added at
runtime within the component.  I also need to be able to view them all
with the scrollbar.  I also need to be able to move the panels through
dragging and dropping them so that for example panel number three can
become panel number one.  I also need to be able to remove a panel once
I've finished with it.

Any ideas out there?
--
David Green

 

Re:Looking for a component, help?


David,

What do your panels contain?

regards,

Gerhard Groenewald

Quote
david green wrote:
> This might be a strange one!  I'm looking for a component (preferably
> freeware/shareware) that can be based around the following diagram and
> notes.
> ------------------------------------------
> Application                           -[]X
> ------------------------------------------

>  ---------------------------------------S
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |C
>  -  ----------------------------------  R
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |O
>  -  ----------------------------------  L
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |L
>  -  ----------------------------------  B
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |A
>  -  ----------------------------------  R
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |
>  ---------------------------------------

> -------------------------------------------

> I do however need a large amount of panels, which can be added at
> runtime within the component.  I also need to be able to view them all
> with the scrollbar.  I also need to be able to move the panels through
> dragging and dropping them so that for example panel number three can
> become panel number one.  I also need to be able to remove a panel once
> I've finished with it.

> Any ideas out there?
> --
> David Green

Re:Looking for a component, help?


David,

You don't need a component - just use a TScrollBox! Add each
panel to the ScrollBox (remember to assign the panel's Parent
property to the scrollbox).

HTH

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Quote
david green wrote:

> This might be a strange one!  I'm looking for a component (preferably
> freeware/shareware) that can be based around the following diagram and
> notes.
> ------------------------------------------
> Application                           -[]X
> ------------------------------------------

>  ---------------------------------------S
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |C
>  -  ----------------------------------  R
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |O
>  -  ----------------------------------  L
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |L
>  -  ----------------------------------  B
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |A
>  -  ----------------------------------  R
>  |  |   PANEL                        | |
>  ---------------------------------------

> -------------------------------------------

> I do however need a large amount of panels, which can be added at
> runtime within the component.  I also need to be able to view them all
> with the scrollbar.  I also need to be able to move the panels through
> dragging and dropping them so that for example panel number three can
> become panel number one.  I also need to be able to remove a panel once
> I've finished with it.

> Any ideas out there?
> --
> David Green

Re:Looking for a component, help?


In article <357760D7.C41C3...@dmg.co.za>, Gerhard Groenewald
<gerha...@dmg.co.za> writes

Quote
>David,

>What do your panels contain?

>regards,

>Gerhard Groenewald

Just text so I suppose they don't need to be panels?
--
david green

Re:Looking for a component, help?


David,

Yep - I think you need to rethink!

regards,

Gerhard Groenewald

Quote
david green wrote:
> In article <357760D7.C41C3...@dmg.co.za>, Gerhard Groenewald
> <gerha...@dmg.co.za> writes
> >David,

> >What do your panels contain?

> >regards,

> >Gerhard Groenewald

> Just text so I suppose they don't need to be panels?
> --
> david green

Other Threads