Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 on same machine

For a developer, can Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 co-exist on the same
machine (Windows 2000)?

Tom Kustner
PC/LAN Engineer
Wells Fargo Retirement Plan Services

Any opinions are strictly my own and not necessarily those of Wells Fargo.

Re:Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 on same machine

"Tom Kustner" <tom.kust...@wellsfargo.com> wrote in message

> For a developer, can Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 co-exist on the same
> machine (Windows 2000)?

I have 3 & 5 living happily on W98. Just keep everything separate, including
3rd party components.

Re:Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 on same machine

You can only have ONE version of the BDE active at one time (so, make sure
it is BDE 5.1.1 from Delphi 5, because the BDE is backwards compatible) !

"Bruce Roberts" <b...@bounceitattcanada.xnet> schreef in bericht

> "Tom Kustner" <tom.kust...@wellsfargo.com> wrote in message
> > For a developer, can Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 co-exist on the same
> > machine (Windows 2000)?

> I have 3 & 5 living happily on W98. Just keep everything separate,
including
> 3rd party components.

Re:Delphi 3 and Delphi 5 on same machine

Guys,

Thanks for your help on this one.

Tom Kustner
PC/LAN Engineer
Wells Fargo Retirement Plan Services

Any opinions are strictly my own and not necessarily those of Wells Fargo.

Other Threads