Indy 8 - error #10061

Hi,
I am running on win 98 second edition, D5, Indy 8 .

I have created a simple client/server application
which runs well as 'local host' or IP 127.0.0.1 on one
computer.

On attempt to connect to the server application
from a different computer on LAN or  two separate computers connected by hub
I get :
"Socket error #10061 connection refused". Just to note
that I try to establish connection from client to server
with a known IP address.

Thanks in advance
MS

Re:Indy 8 - error #10061

In article <3b6fde68_1@dnews>, n...@dummy.com says...
> Hi,
> I am running on win 98 second edition, D5, Indy 8 .

> I have created a simple client/server application
> which runs well as 'local host' or IP 127.0.0.1 on one
> computer.

> On attempt to connect to the server application
> from a different computer on LAN or  two separate computers connected by hub
> I get :
> "Socket error #10061 connection refused". Just to note
> that I try to establish connection from client to server
> with a known IP address.

Are you sure that you entered the address of the machine correctly (if
you are using a DNS, is it resolving to the correct IP address)?  Are
you sure that the client connects to the same port that your server is
on?  Did you set the server's Active property to True?

--
Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/
J. Peter Mugaas     E-Mail:  oma00...@mail.wvnet.edu

Other Threads