TADODataSet error on open - possible bug MTS

Could someone please test this? I think there may be a bug with MTS and the
TADODataSet object

Requires ADO2.1 and SQL server 7.0

1. Create an ActiveX library and insert an MTS data module.
2. In the data module create a TADOConnection and TADODataSet.
3. Connect the DataSet to the Connection.
4. Create the connection string for the database of choice.
5. Insert any simple query into the Command Line and set cmd type to cmdText
eg. select field1,field2 from table
6. Activate both and check that there are no errors.
7. De-activate both of them.
8. Create a method in the type library which calls the DataSet Open method,
followed by the close method.
8. Compile and register in MTS.
9. Create form in a different application and connect to your Library using
a DCOM Connection.
10. Place a button on the form which calls your method.
11. Click on the button and you should recieve the following error message:

    "The application cannot change the ActiveConnection property of a
Recordset
     Object with a Command object as its source."

Thanks for all your time,
B.

Re:TADODataSet error on open - possible bug MTS

Brian Rogers <brian.rog...@moh.gov.on.ca> wrote in message

> Could someone please test this? I think there may be a bug with MTS and the
> TADODataSet object

I asked someone from our QA to try this using your steps and they were not able to
reproduce the problem.  If you have a test application which shows the problem
then we can review that to find the source of the error.

Mark

Re:TADODataSet error on open - possible bug MTS

I have an application prepared for you.

Could you please e-mail me with an address to send it to. I would prefer not
to publish the software.

Thanks,
B.

Mark Edington (Borland) <meding...@nolunchmeat.com> wrote in message

> Brian Rogers <brian.rog...@moh.gov.on.ca> wrote in message

> > Could someone please test this? I think there may be a bug with MTS and
the
> > TADODataSet object

> I asked someone from our QA to try this using your steps and they were not
able to
> reproduce the problem.  If you have a test application which shows the
problem
> then we can review that to find the source of the error.

> Mark

Other Threads